Monday, February 23, 2009

Why TwitterFox does not work for me

I was really pleased with the functionality of this add-on but it is breaking the usability that I had before I installed it.


I have been using the Master Password for very long time to increase security without dropping functionality.
With this add-on every time I restart the browser I will be prompted for the master password and if I had several windows open then it would prompt it several times.

I tried to add an exception for chrome://twitternotifier but I did not find a way to do it.

Anyways, fairwell TwitterFox, I am going to start using Twhirl

4 comments:

  1. Have you dropped a mail to Kazuho? He’s been very responsive to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Armen, I've been following this bug for a while. You can semi-work-around the problem by entering your master password into the first dialog prompt and then just hit enter for the remaining dialogs. Seems that the filling out the first one will take care of your password requirements. Give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I will try to get in touch with him or leave a comment on the add-on.

    Hey breckard, what is the bug number you mention? I know what you mean by the work around; It is OK if you open the browser once or twice a day but if I want to test several add-ons the amount of restart is frequent and the excesive amount of pop ups is quite annoying plus it is a modal pop up meaning that no more windows open until you reply back :(

    I have also found the Master Password Timer add-on which will avoid the browser to enable password remembering for the whole up time of the app but it will expire after some time. Which is a little bit more of security.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhapts this extension is something for you?


    Also, we got bug 177175

    ReplyDelete